Wita (not real name) is a lady from Indonesia. This is her story.
Permission to use this video without having to mask her face is granted by the patient.
13 December 2011
- The middle finger of her right hand had difficulty “straightening up.” She had to push up this finger which “locks” on bending. Such problem is referred to as “trigger finger.” The fingers of her left hand were rather “tight” and not comfortable.
- The fingers of her left hand lacked strength although they are not trigger fingers.
- She received her first session of e-Therapy.
14 December 2011
- She slept well after the e-Therapy. Before the e-Therapy her sleep was not good – probably due to stress and too much thinking.
- She did not suffer any side effects after the e-Therapy.
- Fingers on her left hand felt better. Previously she had difficulty picking up a pillow with her left hand. After the first session of the e-Therapy she was able to pick up things with her left hand – now her fingers had more strength.
- Fingers of her right hand remained the same – the middle finger remained “locked” when bent.
15 December 2011
- Fingers of her left hand felt better – even more strength than before.
- Fingers of her right hand were better. The middle finger remained a problem but she was able to “open” it with much less effort.
18 December 2011
- Fingers of her left hand were good.
- Fingers of her right hand were better. Once a while the middle finger still gave problem but she could “trigger” open it and it was not “stuck” any more. According to her, the problem had resolved by about 70 percent.
- She had undergone four sessions of the e-Therapy and felt much better.
After five sessions of the e-Therapy, Wita returned to Medan. She returned to CA Care after about three weeks for more of the therapy. The questions we ask:
- Did her problems recur after the initial treatment three weeks ago?
- Could the benefits of the e-Therapy be just a placebo effect?
10 January 2012
- The healing of her trigger finger and loosening of fingers in both hands remained and they remained good until the end of the year. However from the beginning of 2012 – she did not have a helper at home. So Wita had to do all the house chores of washing using her bare hands. The fingers of her right hand felt “cold” and a bit tight. But the middle finger was still able to “straighten out” and not stuck like before.
- The fingers of her left hand remained good.
- Before receiving the e-Therapy, she felt “uncomfortable” in her backbone. When she stood up after sitting down for a long time, she would feel “tight” and felt like “ant-bite”. After standing up, she had to move slowly at first before she could walk normally. She felt “something” in her backbone. After the e-Therapy she felt good. She could stand up right away and walk without anymore problem.
- Her sleep was good after the e-Therapy.
11 January 2012
After another session of the e-Therapy the fingers of her right hand felt better than the day before.